Seasonal Mincemeat Tart
This recipe is made up almost exclusively of fruit and nuts, is super-healthy and tastes delicious. Something the whole family can enjoy.
- 1 cup unsweetened dried coconut
- 1 cup raw walnuts (or other nuts) unsoaked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 regular dates or 6 medjool dates
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 grated apple
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup dried apricots chopped
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 2T light agave or raw honey
- 2 vanilla beans, seeds removed or some vanilla extract
Process first 3 ingredients first in food processor until finely ground. Then add dates and process until mixture begins to stick together. Don't over process. Add half teaspoon of water at a time if necessary. Press into tin or dish to form base.
Place all ingredients into mixing bowl and marinade at room temperature for 2 or more hours. Strain and use as topping to mincemeat tart (can also be used as a winter compote).
Eat at room temperature or straight from fridge with cream of your choice!