This pregnancy smoothie is adapted from a recipe by Dr Elson Haas. I drank this loads when I was pregnant, it was all I wanted many mornings. It's so delicious and nutritious I still have it now on occasions.
This smoothie is packed full of so many of the most important nutrients needed for a healthy pregnancy AND tastes delicious!
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dairy-free yoghurt (coconut, organic soy etc)
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 banana
- 2 dates or 1 medjool date soaked (or 1T raw honey)
- 2T ground flax seeds/wheatgerm (omega3 fats for babes' brain dvlp & lignans to support hormones)
- 1/2T blackstrap molasses (iron, chromium & magnesium)
- 1/4 tsp kelp (iodine to support thyroid)
- 1 tsp brewers nutritional yeast (b vitamins)
- 1/4t green powder (eg wheatgrass or chlorella)
Blend all ingredients together until fully broken down. Use frozen banana or add ice for cold smoothie.