Miso Soup is nutritious, delicious and so easy to make - perfect as a starter, snack or lunch.
- 500ml of warm to hot water
- 1 tbl of miso paste ( I like mellow barley miso by Source Foods)
- 1/2 tbl tamari
- 1 tbl wakami seaweed cut in small shreds with scissors (optional)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup in total of combination of grated carrot, courgette, finely sliced mushrooms, finely shredded kale, finely sliced spring onion.
- 1/2 red chilli with seeds removed. (optional)
- Pre-warm serving bowl with boiled water from the kettle.
- Allow wakame to soften in boiling water whilst you prepare remaining ingredients, working fairly quickly.
- In your pre-warmed bowl, combine water and miso together until miso has fully dissolved, then add tamari, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and chilli if using.
- Add vegetables and eat whilst still hot.
- If soup has gone too cool either add a little more boiling water or gently reheat on stove.
This can also be made in or trasnferred to a flask for a meal or snack on the go!